Oil up your muffin tin and let’s bake up some gluten free Apple Pecan Streusel Muffins!
These cozy paleo muffins are bursting with apples and toasted pecans. And to make ’em even sexier? A sweet pecan streusel to top it all off.
For me, baking is stress relief. Currently, as the air adopta a chill and I’m eyeball-deep in editing wedding photos and engagement sessions, I seek out the comfort of mixing bowls, worn recipe cards, and warm autumn scents emanating from the oven.
I know I’m not alone here! This recipe was one of four options I gave to my friends and followers to see which one should be my focus for an upcoming project.
Apple Pecan Streusel Muffins were tied with the winner. If you want to know the winner, you’ll have to stalk me a bit on social media… But in the meantine, bake up a batch of these paleo muffins. Makes waiting a lot easier!
Autumn is on my mind, but in truth we’ve almost entirely skipped over the season in Fargo. After just a few days of beautiful autumn weather, the skies turned overcast and the wind gained a chill bite.
Then it snowed.
Sure, the snow mostly melted a couple days later, but nothing puts a damper on Fall fun as much as a winter storm warning.
Now we’re all hoping the leaves won’t all blow away before the end of the month. Maybe we can pretend it’s still Fall for a little while longer?
I love living in North Dakota, but dang are the transitional seasons tragically short. Which is a shame, because Spring and Fall are my favorite seasons.
But on the bright side? I get to spend all winter creating comforting, warm recipes like these Apple Pecan Streusel Muffins.
That’s a pretty dang good deal in my book!
More Fall & Winter Recipes
- Apple Walnut Bundt Cake
- Loaded Potato and Cauliflower Soup
- Spiced Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- Hearty Paleo Sausage Chili with Skillet Cornbread
- Chai-Spiced Pumpkin Custards
Warm and cozy, these paleo apple pecan streusel muffins are perfect for chilly mornings. Enjoy them with a cup of coffee — it’s an awesome combo!
For the muffins:
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup ghee, melted
- 1 1/2 cups peeled & chopped apples
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
For the streusel topping:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out the chopped pecans, for the muffins and the streusel. Toast in the oven for 5-7 minutes, until darkened and fragrant. Remove from the oven and let cool before handling.
- Next, make the streusel. Mix the pecans, cinnamon, coconut sugar, almond flour, and sea salt in a medium bowl. Add ghee and mix until crumbly. Refrigerate the streusel mixture until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, arrowroot powder, coconut flour, coconut sugar, sea salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add the eggs, vanilla extract, applesauce, and ghee, stirring until fully combined. Finally, fold in the apples and pecans.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin liners. Fill each liner to the top with batter. Take the streusel out of the fridge and top each tin of batter with one to two tablespoons of streusel, firmly pressing the streusel into the top of the batter to ensure it sticks. Bake the muffins for 25 minutes. Cool completely before eating.
Keywords: Apple Pecan Streusel Muffins