Warm and cozy, these paleo apple pecan streusel muffins are perfect for chilly mornings. Enjoy them with a cup of coffee — it’s an awesome combo!
For the muffins:
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup ghee, melted
- 1 1/2 cups peeled & chopped apples
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
For the streusel topping:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out the chopped pecans, for the muffins and the streusel. Toast in the oven for 5-7 minutes, until darkened and fragrant. Remove from the oven and let cool before handling.
- Next, make the streusel. Mix the pecans, cinnamon, coconut sugar, almond flour, and sea salt in a medium bowl. Add ghee and mix until crumbly. Refrigerate the streusel mixture until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, arrowroot powder, coconut flour, coconut sugar, sea salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add the eggs, vanilla extract, applesauce, and ghee, stirring until fully combined. Finally, fold in the apples and pecans.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin liners. Fill each liner to the top with batter. Take the streusel out of the fridge and top each tin of batter with one to two tablespoons of streusel, firmly pressing the streusel into the top of the batter to ensure it sticks. Bake the muffins for 25 minutes. Cool completely before eating.
Keywords: Apple Pecan Streusel Muffins