Spicy and buttery, this bacon buffalo chicken casserole is packed with flavor. And it’s paleo and Whole30 friendly! This casserole reheats well, so it works great for meal prep.
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 8 slices uncured bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups leftover shredded chicken
- 3/4 cup frank’s red original cayenne pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Carefully cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds. Place the squash cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Cook for 45 minutes or until squash is tender. Use a fork to separate out the spaghetti squash strands from the peel. Let cool enough to handle. Measure out 4 cups for the recipe, and reserve the rest for whatever else your heart desires!
- Add the spaghetti squash, bacon, and chicken to a large bowl, stirring to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the hot sauce, ghee, coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, eggs, sea salt, garlic cloves, and black pepper until smooth. Pour this mixture into the spaghetti squash mixture and stir until fully incorporated.
- Pour into a lightly oiled 9×9 baking pan. Bake for 40 minutes, until the center no longer wiggles when you move the pan. Transfer to the top rack in the oven and turn the broiler on high. Broil for 5 minutes, watching carefully, until the top is lightly browned. Let cool slightly, then serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to a week.
Keywords: bacon buffalo chicken casserole