Seriously the best Greek salad around. With lots of veggies, healthy fats, and a simple lemon oregano vinaigrette, this salad makes a refreshing lunch!
For the Greek Salad
- 3 cups spring lettuce mix
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 large vine tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoncini
- 2 4-ounce chicken breasts (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
For the Lemon Oregano Vinaigrette
- To make the lemon oregano vinaigrette, combine the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, oregano, and parsley in a small bowl or jar. While whisking vigorously, slowly pour in the olive oil until the mixture is emulsified. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- If serving with chicken, preheat a gas grill over medium-high heat. Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness and season with salt and pepper. Brush with olive oil on each side and add to the grill. Cook for 4-6 minutes on each side, flipping only once. Remove to a plate and let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Divide the spring lettuce mix, sliced cucumber, chopped tomato, sliced red onion, pepperoncini, and kalamata olives between two bowls or plates. Add grilled chicken breast, if desired. Drizzle with lemon oregano vinaigrette and serve immediately.
For meal prep or mason jar salad instructions, see the blog post!
Keywords: Greek salad