A platter of these buffalo chicken smothered sweet potato fries make an excellent meal to split with friends…or to keep all to yourself.
For the Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 medium-large white sweet potatoes, cut into fries
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Buffalo Chicken
For the Cilantro Mayo Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons mayo (homemade or my favorite store-bought mayo)
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, minced
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Chopped green onions, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss sweet potato fries in avocado oil and salt. Place all fries on baking sheet, making sure none are touching. Bake for 20 minutes, then flip and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the hot sauce and ghee in a small saucepot. Heat over medium heat until ghee has melted. Stir until completely combined. Add the shredded chicken and stir until chicken is completely covered in sauce. Remove from heat.
- Prepare the cilantro mayo by combining minced cilantro, mayo, lime juice, and water. Add more water as necessary for your desired consistency.
- Once the fries are done cooking and have cooled for a few minutes, build the loaded fries. Spread fries on a platter and top with buffalo chicken. Drizzle on the cilantro mayo sauce, then sprinkle with parsley and green onions.
Keywords: Buffalo Chicken Smothered Sweet Potato Fries