Grill up these Cardamom Coffee Rubbed Steaks and pair with fried eggs for an epic paleo breakfast.
For the Cardamom Coffee Spice Rub
- 1/4 cup finely ground coffee
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 tablespoon ground ginger
For the Steak
- 1.5 pound flank steak
- 2 tablespoons Cardamom Coffee Spice Rub
- Heat one side of a gas grill to high.
- Rub the steaks in the spice rub. Set aside while the grill heats up to let the steaks come to room temperature.
- Oil the grates just before using. Place the steaks on the hot side of the grill. Grill for 2 minutes on each side, flipping only once. Transfer to the cool side of the grill, close the lid, and cook for 2-5 minutes depending on the thickness of the steak.
- Transfer the steaks to a plate or cutting board and let rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Keywords: Cardamom Coffee Rubbed Steak