Top this simple carrot and sweet potato casserole with pecans, parlsey, or a drizzle of coconut milk. This recipe feeds a crowd and makes great leftovers!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Place sweet potatoes and carrots on the baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes. Check to see if the carrots are cooked through; if they are, remove them from the baking sheet and continue baking the sweet potatoes for another 20 minutes, until fully cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Once sweet potatoes have cooled a bit, peel off and discard the skin.
- Add carrots and ghee to a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. No need to clean out the food processor, as you’ll be using it again.
- Add the sweet potato flesh to the food processor along with coconut milk, lemon zest, salt, nutmeg, and black pepper. Process until smooth. Add to the bowl that the carrot mixture is in and stir with a spatula until fully mixed.
- Spoon the mixture into a casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with pecans. Return to the oven for another 10 minutes. Serve warm!
Keywords: carrot and sweet potato, casserole, whole30