Creamy, dark hot chocolate with chai spices? I can’t think of a better way to keep warm in the winter!
- 1.5 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 cups cashew milk (or dairy free milk of your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons raw honey, plus more to taste
- In a small saucepan, mix the chocolate, cocoa powder, and 1 cup of cashew milk over low heat. Stir continuously for about 10 minutes or until the chocolate has completely melted.
- Add the remaining milk, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, cloves, and sea salt. Stir and allow to heat all the way through.
- Stir in honey. Taste and add more honey as desired. Pour into two mugs and top with marshmallows or coconut whipped cream.
Keywords: chai hot chocolate