These chicken burgers are simple and flavorful — and a perfect match for the SunButter satay sauce! Topping it off with matchsticked veggies makes this burger creation a full meal.
For the veggie topping:
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup matchstick cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons matchstick jalapeño pepper
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
For the chicken burgers:
- 1.5 pounds ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
For the satay sauce:
- 1/4 cup No Sugar Added SunButter
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- Sliced red onion
- Sliced avocado
- Cilantro leaves
- Add the carrots, cucumbers, jalapeño, rice vinegar, and fish sauce to a medium-sized bowl. Toss to coat, then set aside while you prep the rest of the meal.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, fish sauce, salt, black pepper, minced garlic, coconut milk, and lime juice. Mix well to combine (preferably with your hands!), then divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and flatten into 1/2-inch thick patties.
- If cooking via stovetop, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once heated, add the burgers to the skillet, working in batches if necessary. Cook for 8-10 minutes, flipping once halfway through. Remove from heat.
- If cooking on the grill, preheat the grill to medium heat. Brush the grates with olive oil to ensure the burgers don’t stick. Cook for 8-10 minutes, flipping once halfway through. Remove from heat.
- To make the satay sauce, combine the SunButter, garlic, water, lime juice, fish sauce, red pepper flakes, rice vinegar, and ginger in a small bowl, stirring until smooth. For a thinner sauce, add additional water 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reaches.
- When serving, top a chicken burger with 1-2 tablespoons of satay sauce. Optionally, you can add sliced red onions or sliced avocado on top of the satay sauce. Top with 1/3 cup of carrot and cucumber mixture. Garnish with cilantro.
Keywords: Chicken Burgers, SunButter Satay Sauce