For the Burgers:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 Tb chipotle chili powder
- 1 Tb garlic powder
- 1/2 Tb ground cumin
- 1/2 Tb oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 Tb apple cider vinegar
- fresh avocados, sliced (1/2 per burger)
- eggs, fried (1 per burger)
Maple Balsamic Sauce
- In a small bowl, mix all the seasonings for the burgers (save apple cider vinegar). Add the spice mix and the apple cider vinegar to the ground beef. Using your hands, mix everything together until the seasonings are fully incorporated with the beef. This is very spicy, so avoid touching your face/eyes!
- Form burgers patties by splitting the ground beef into 3 or 4 balls (depending on how big you want your burgers) and flattening into circles.
- Heat up a cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Add a couple Tb of your favorite fat (I usually use ghee), and add the patties. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- While the burgers are cooking, make the maple balsamic sauce. In a small bowl, mix all three ingredients until the sauce is smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, top burger patties with avocado slices and fried egg. Drizzle with maple balsamic sauce. Serve with kale chips, sweet potato fries, or plantain fries!
If it’s warm enough to grill where you are, go for it!
- Serving Size: 1 burger