With a few tweaks to the classic recipe, Chive Bacon Deviled Eggs make a perfect appetizer or snack that’s paleo, Whole30, low carb, and keto.
- 12 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 6 strips bacon
- 2 tablespoons finely minced chives
- Paprika, for garnish
- Prepare hardboiled eggs using whatever method you prefer. I cooked the eggs in boiling water for 10 minutes before plunging into ice water for 15 minutes. Gently tap the cooled eggs against the counter or a bowl to crack the shell all over, then carefully peel and discard the shell.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon strips and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, until crisped. Remove from heat. Let the bacon fat in the pan cool for a bit before measuring out 1 tablespoon.
- Add mayonnaise, bacon fat, mustard, and apple cider vinegar to a medium bowl. Mix until smooth. Cut the peeled hardboiled eggs in half and, using a spoon, gently scoop out the yolks. Add the yolks to the mayonnaise mixture and mash until relatively smooth.
- Spoon the filling into the hardboiled egg halves. Sprinkle with paprika. Crumble the bacon strips and sprinkle overtop each egg. Garnish with chives. Serve immediately or chill until serving.
Keywords: deviled eggs, bacon deviled eggs, appetizers