- Line a square, 8×8 dish with parchment paper. Add dates to a food processor or high-powered blender. Blend until the dates start to resemble a paste.
- Add cashews, pecans, and coconut oil and continue blending until the nuts have broken down somewhat and the mixture begins to form a cohesive paste.
- Slowly add the cacao, chia seeds, and spices. You can use your food processor or blender to incorporate these ingredients or mix in by hand using a spatula (my preferred method).
- Transfer the date mixture to the square dish. Use a spatula or another piece of parchment paper to press the date mixture to all sides of the pan and smooth it out.
- Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes before slicing into bars. Store in the fridge and serve cold – they’ll get crumbly at room temp!
- Serving Size: 1 bar