Crisped on the outside and chewy in the middle, these rich Chocolate Coconut Macaroons have a hint of nut butter flavor thanks to SunButter!
- 5 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup No Sugar Added Sunbutter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add egg whites and honey to a medium bowl. Whisk vigorously until the egg whites and sweetener are fully blended and egg whites have grown frothy and fluffy. Fold in the coconut, cocoa powder, SunButter, vanilla extract, and sea salt, mixing gently until smooth.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls of batter onto the lined baking sheet, separating by about 1 inch. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Cool completely before eating. Macaroons will keep in a sealed container at room temperature for a day or two, or in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Keywords: paleo, nut free, Sunbutter, gluten free, coconut macaroons, chocolate coconut macaroons