Crunchy and colorful, this Chopped Spinach Salad with Sunbutter Vinaigrette recipe makes a plentiful and nutritious side dish. Creamy No Sugar Added Sunbutter is the perfect ingredient for this paleo and gluten free recipe!
For the Sunbutter Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (optional — omit for Whole30 or vegan)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Creamy No Sugar Added Sunbutter
For the Spinach Salad:
- 6 cups washed and dried baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1/2 large cucumber or 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- To make the vinaigrette, add rice wine vinegar, powdered ginger, coconut aminos, raw honey, olive oil, and Sunbutter to a large measuring cup. Whisk gently until fully emulsified. Set aside while you prep the salad.
- Add the spinach to a large salad bowl. Arrange shredded carrots on top of the spinach in a strip. Repeat with red bell pepper, red onion, sugar snap peas, cucumber slices, and toasted sunflower seeds, creating rows of each across the top of the spinach.
- Serve the salad undressed, with portions of vinaigrette so each person can drizzle their serving with dressing themselves. Alternatively, if you aren’t worried about the presentation, toss the whole salad in the Sunbutter vinaigrette just before serving.
Keywords: Chopped spinach salad, sunbutter vinaigrette