I am the first to say that I am a more creative baker than a cook. I don’t understand a lot of cooking “principles”. I just make shit up as I go. I often make honey mustard salmon, and one night I thought “why not throw some coconut butter on that baby, too?” So I did.
And it was super yummy, and I think everyone should try it. Best part is that this recipe is super quick if you have thawed salmon. Because all you’ve got to do is pan-fry it and then drizzle honey mustard and coconut butter over it (as you can see in the pics, I like a LOT of both).
Super simple, super quick, super good. What more do you want?! Just make it.Print
- 6 oz salmon
- 1–2 Tb ghee, for frying
- 1–2 Tb coconut butter
- 2 Tb honey mustard (make your own by mixing equal parts clean mustard and raw honey; add more of either to taste)
- Heat cast-iron pan or other pan to medium heat
- Add ghee and swirl around pan
- Add salmon (leave that skin on!) and cook on each side until cooked through (about 5 min each side depending on thickness)
- While salmon is cooking, prepare honey mustard if needed
- Remove salmon from pan and drizzle honey mustard and coconut butter on top (as much as you want!)