- Wash the mushrooms clean and let them dry. Slice them thinly, then roughly chop half of the sliced mushrooms.
- Heat the olive oil in a deep pot over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, garlic, black pepper, and sea salt. Saute for about 10 minutes, until the mushrooms have released their mushrooms and all the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the ghee and arrowroot flour to the pot. It will form a thick paste. Stir to coat the mushroom mixture. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until the arrowroot flour browns a bit (but don’t let it burn).
- Slowly pour the broth into the pot while stirring constantly. Repeat with the water. Finally, add the dried thyme. Let the soup come to a simmer, and cook for about 5 minutes or until the liquid has reached desired thickness.
- Once the soup has thickened to your liking, add the coconut milk and stir to combine. Serve immediately or store for up to a week. Garnish with chopped parsley or fresh thyme if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 cup of soup
Keywords: Creamy Garlic Mushroom Soup, dairy free mushroom soup