- 1/2 c ghee, melted
- 1/2 c coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c coconut sugar
- 3/4 c cacao
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c almond flour
- 1/4 c Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- 1/2 c chopped fresh cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 8X8 baking pan by lining with parchment paper or oiling well.
- In a large bowl, combine wet brownie ingredients (ghee through vanilla) and whisk until completely mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients except cherries and chocolate chips. Then add to the wet ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips and cherries.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out relatively clean.
- While the brownies are baking, prepare the ganache. Put all ingredients but chocolate chips into a blender and blend (alternatively, if you want a “chunky” ganache with cherry chunks, just stir everything together with a spoon.
- Pour this mixture and chocolate chips into a small saucepan and heat until sauce begins to bubble.
- Stir frequently for 5-10 minutes until this mixture starts to thicken and turn glossy. Remove from heat.
- Once brownies have cooled, spread ganache on top.
These are extremely rich and moist. If you want a less moist brownie, you can try reducing the amount of coconut oil/ghee or upping the amount of almond flour – but I cannot guarantee good results since I haven’t tried to myself.
These are VERY good after being left in the fridge overnight – they harden a bit because of the coconut oil, and the consistency is closer to fudge. Yes, you read that right. Needless to say it’s delicious either way.