Make shredded chicken in your dutch oven! Faster than a slow cooker and perfectly juicy, you’ll be surprised how easy it is to prep a bunch of shredded chicken in under an hour.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 2 – 2.5 pounds chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- (Optional) Grease the bottom of the dutch oven with olive oil. I do this just to prevent any and all sticking, but many dutch ovens are enameled so it’s not entirely necessary.
- Place chicken breasts in the dutch oven. Try not to overlap too much (overlap could result in extra cooking time). Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt.
- Cover the dutch oven and bake for 30-40 minutes until chicken breasts are cooked through. Shred using two forks.
The wonderful thing about this “recipe” is how easy it is to play around with it. I’ve used the same method, but for 40 or so minutes at 300 degrees F. If 30 minutes at 350 degrees F isn’t floating your boat, play around with the cooking temp and times (always being sure to fully cook the chicken) to figure out what makes your perfect shredded chicken.
Keywords: Dutch oven shredded chicken