- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 1/2 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 peaches, pits removed and sliced
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste (a little over 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes, until soft. Add the garlic and peaches, cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add apple cider vinegar, tomato paste, lemon juice, sea salt, cayenne, paprika, and black pepper, stirring until relatively smooth. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, until the mixture has thickened to your liking.
- Remove from heat. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender, transfer to a high-powered blender to blend.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Keywords: Easy Peach Barbecue Sauce