- 3-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut into thin rounds, & roughly chopped (about 1/4 cup chopped)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 10 whole cloves
- 6 green cardamom pods, smashed
- 6 pieces star anise OR 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 6 cups water
- 6 bags of black tea OR 6 teaspoons loose-leaf black tea
- 3 cups almond milk
- 2 tablespoons raw honey (optional, but recommended)
- Combine ginger, cinnamon sticks, black peppercorns, cloves, cardamom pods, and star anise in a medium saucepan. Add 6 cups of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes, keeping the pan partially covered.
- Add almond milk and honey. Whisk until honey completely dissolves. Remove from heat. Add the tea bags or loose-leaf tea and steep for 5 minutes. Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a teapot or individual mugs and serve hot. If it’s not sweet enough for you, add additional honey to sweeten to taste.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
Keywords: Ginger Masala Chai Latte