Serve up a paleo, gluten free version of a classic glazed ham! With coconut sugar, orange juice, and spices, this is a must-have recipe for the holiday season.
- Two hours prior to starting, take the ham out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature. (Highly recommended! But if you forget this step, you may have to cook the ham for 20 minutes or so longer.)
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the ham flat side down on the aluminum foil. Using a sharp knife, score 1-inch deep diagonal slices across the top of the ham, working around the bone. Repeat going the other direction, creating diamonds in the top of the ham. Wrap the aluminum foil up around the sides of the ham.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the coconut sugar, orange juice, butter or ghee, mustard, coriander, cinnamon, allspice, clove, cayenne, and salt. Pour about half of the mixture over the ham, using a brush to make sure the glaze touches every side.
- Cover the top with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and take the top of the aluminum foil off. Pour remaining glaze over the ham, again using a brush to make sure all sides get a little glaze. Return to the oven, uncovered, and bake for another 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and use the brush to baste the ham in the glaze collected at the bottom one last time. Let the ham rest for at least 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
Keywords: paleo, gluten free, ham, baked ham, glaze