This gluten free plantain pumpkin bread has the perfect quick bread texture! Use yellow-black or black plantains for this recipe.
- 3 large yellow-black or black plantains
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel the plantains and add the flesh to a high-powered blender. Add the eggs, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. Add to wet ingredients and stir just to combine.
- Line a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan with parchment paper and pour in batter. Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Keywords: plantain pumpkin bread