Spice up your summer with Greek-Rubbed Grilled Chicken Thighs! This dead-simple greek spice rub makes amazing Whole30 and paleo chicken.
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons dehydrated garlic flakes
- 2 teaspoons dehydrated onion
- 1 teaspoon dried orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 bone in, skin on chicken thighs (about 2.5 pounds)
- Turn on gas grill and heat to medium heat (around 450 degrees).
- In a small jar, combine oregano, thyme, sea salt, garlic, onion, orange peel, chili pepper flakes, parsley, and black pepper. Stir or cap and shake until well-mixed.
- Add olive oil to the spices to form a thick paste. Rub the chicken thighs all over with the spice paste, including under the skin.
- Using tongs, place chicken directly on the grill grates, skin side down. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes, then flip. Cook for an additional 15 minutes, flipping every 3-5 minutes, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Transfer to a plate and let rest for a few minutes before serving.
Keywords: Greek-Rubbed Grilled Chicken Thighs