Chicken wings are quickly becoming one of my favorite foods to experiment with. I’ve got my sweet-and-spicy Thai Curry Chicken Wings, my recently-published Next Level Chicken Wings, and now these sticky-sweet Honey Garlic Chicken Wings to add to the growing list of chicken wing recipes on this blog.
Fortunately for me, it’s football season, so it’s the perfect time to brag about all the awesome chicken wing recipes that you can make for game day.
I’m not much of a sports fan, but I’m happy for any excuse to make chicken wings. I mean, if you invited me over for the big game, I’d probably have some fresh chicken wings in tow…because you can’t do football without chicken wings, right?
I know that everyone raves about buffalo wings, but my new man spouse isn’t a fan of buffalo sauce so I have to get creative whenever I make wings (which is at least once a week because wings are so economical and easy). Although, let’s be honest, I’ll get around to posting a buffalo wing recipe at some point, too.
I mentioned in my Next Level Wing post that I was going to let Tjay name all new wing recipes, but this one is the exception. I made this recipe before the Next Level Wings, but didn’t have pictures so I couldn’t post it.
Speaking of the man spouse, you may be wondering how the wedding was. Once I get more of the pictures back, I’ll be writing up a post about the wedding and a few other thoughts I’ve taken away from the experience of having the least expensive wedding possible (seriously, we spent a total of $85).
As for marriage so far…it’s basically the same, but I get to call him my husband and I get to experience the frustration of changing my last name. It’s super fun times. I didn’t realize all the little silly things involved with changing your last name. Credit cards. Insurance. Picking up packages that are addressed to my maiden name. Trying to alter the signature you’ve used your whole life. I tell you, it’s a pain in the ass. The things I do for this guy!
But I love him. And you can tell I love him by the food I cook, like these honey garlic chicken wings. (See what I did there? Perfect segway!)
These chicken wings are messy. They’re sticky, they’re sweet, and like any other chicken wing recipe you have to eat them with your hands and get that delicious honey garlic sauce all over your fingers and face as a trade-off for the taste of these wings. That’s just the way it is. I don’t make the rules.Print
Game day eats that you don’t mind getting messy with? Look no further than these sticky-sweet honey garlic chicken wings.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange chicken wings on a wire rack over a large baking sheet. Transfer to the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix honey, garlic, onion powder, coconut aminos, and hot sauce in a saucepan. Bring to a low boil, stirring until completely combined. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, completely dissolve arrowroot in water. Add to the saucepan and stir. Bring the sauce to a boil again and cook for about 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Once the wings have finished cooking, remove them from the oven. Let cool slightly, then transfer them to a large bowl. Pour sauce overtop and stir until all the wings are coated.
Keywords: Honey Garlic Chicken Wings