Flavored salts seem fancy—but this lemon rosemary salt couldn’t be easier. This combo makes a crowd-pleasing rub for roast chicken & countless other dishes!
I’m eager to share this recipe because learning to cook from scratch can be daunting. Many people assume that healthy home-cooked meals are equivalent to returning to a desk job on Monday morning to mindlessly stare at a computer screen for hours.
It doesn’t have to be that bland and boring. Trust me.
Cooking can be creative and colorful. Herbs and spices are the colored pencils of cooking; you pick a few and see how they blend together on the page, and by experimenting you find your favorite combinations. The blends that sing out to you, so you return to them time and time again.
This lemon rosemary salt is one of those blends. With only 3 ingredients, you’ve got a simple spice rub that you can use for a variety of dishes.
- Mix it with olive oil or ghee and rub it on a whole chicken. Roast at 400F for about an hour.
- Rub it on pork chops before grilling or broiling
- Sprinkle the mixture on white fish or salmon
- Toss your roast veggies in it – zucchini, broccoli, brussels sprouts would all be great!
Flavored salts seem fancy—but this lemon rosemary salt couldn’t be easier. This combo makes a crowd-pleasing rub for roast chicken & countless other dishes.
- 6 tsp lemon zest (~ 2 lemons)
- 4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or small food processor; pulse 5 times or until well blended. Use immediately or store in an airtight container.
Keywords: Lemon Rosemary Salt