- 4 pork chops (4 to 6 ounces each)
- 1 cup roasted macadamia nuts
- 1 cup coconut shreds OR 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 3 ounces bacon (~4 strips), chopped into 1” sections
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Add the macadamia nuts, coconut shreds, salt, pepper, and rosemary to a blender or food processor. Process until a uniform meal is formed. Empty into a shallow bowl or plate.
- Whisk the eggs until smooth. Transfer to another shallow bowl or plate.
- Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels. Dust the pork chops completely with arrowroot powder. Dredge the dusted chops first in the egg, letting excess liquid drip off. Transfer to the macadamia nut mixture, making sure to cover the entire surface of the pork chops. Repeat until each pork chop is covered.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the pork chops for 3 minutes on each side, then transfer to the oven and cook for an additional 8 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep the veggies. Heat another skillet over medium-high heat and add the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add the bacon and cook for 5 to 8 minutes until crisp.
- Add the sliced onion and saute for 4 minutes, until lightly browned and translucent. Add the brussels sprouts and cook for 8-10 minutes, until brussels sprouts have softened.
- At this point, everything should be ready to eat! Serve each pork chop with a hefty serving of brussels sprouts.
Keywords: Macadamia-Crusted Pork Chops with Bacon Brussels Sprouts, bacon brussels sprouts, macadamia-crusted pork chops