- 1/2 c cubed beets
- 1/2 Tb ghee or coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 c toasted pecans
- 2–3 c mâche leaves
- 2–3 Tb goat cheese
Basic Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 Tb balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tb olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the cubed beets in melted ghee/coconut oil to coat. Spread out on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Roast for 40 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- While the beets are roasting, toast the pecans if necessary. In a small skillet over medium-low heat, add the pecans. Stir occasionally until fragrant (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat.
- After beets have finished roasting, assemble the salad in a small bowl with mâche on the bottom and topped with toasted pecans, beets, and goat cheese.
- If using balsamic vinaigrette, prepare by adding balsamic vinegar and olive oil to a small bowl and whisking (or cover and shake) to emulsify. Drizzle over salad.
- Serving Size: 1 salad