For the Marinade/Dressing
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped oregano (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Bowls
- Combine all marinade/dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until emulsified.
- On a flat surface, pound the chicken breasts until they’re uniform height. This step is optional but recommended because it speeds up the cooking time and makes sure the chicken breasts cook evenly. Add the chicken breasts to a shallow container and pour half of the dressing over them. Marinade for at least 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Trim the leaves off the cauliflower and break the florets into chunks. Working in batches if you have to, add the florets to a food processor and pulse until the florets break into rice-sized crumbles. Spread the cauliflower rice out onto a baking sheet and bake for about 5 minutes.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the marinated chicken breasts and cook for 4-6 minutes per side or until done. Remove to a clean plate and let the chicken rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, start to assemble the bowls. This recipe makes two huge servings or up to four smaller servings—that part is up to you! Add 1-2 cups cauliflower rice to each bowl. Split the cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, and kalamata olives between each bowl. Slice the chicken breasts and transfer to the bowls. Halve and slice the avocados just before serving. Pour remaining dressing over each bowl. Garnish with lemon slices so you can add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, if desired.
Keywords: Mediterranean Chicken & Cauliflower Rice Bowl