- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (2 large chicken breasts)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1.5 ounces (3/4 cup) sun-dried tomatoes
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup bone broth or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Lay out the chicken breasts on a flat surface and pound them to uniform size.
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup arrowroot powder and 1 teaspoon salt. Toss the chicken breasts in the bowl until they’re completely coated. Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken breasts to a plate and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the same skillet. Add the garlic and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes or until soft. Toss in the sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms, and rosemary, cooking for another 2 minutes. Sprinkle in the remaining tablespoon of arrowroot powder and stir to coat the veggies. Add the white wine vinegar and cook for 1 minute or until the liquid has reduced by about half. Stir in coconut milk, bone broth, remaining 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, and black pepper. Nestle the chicken breasts among the veggies and sauce and cook for 5 minutes, until the chicken breasts have cooked through and the sauce has thickened. Remove from heat and garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
If you want to add a little more flavor to the sauce, squeeze 1-2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice into it at the very end, just before serving.
Keywords: One-Skillet Chicken with Mushrooms & Sun-Dried Tomatoes