Using only one skillet, this Lemon Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes recipe works well for meal prep or serving guests! Paleo, gluten free, Whole30.
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 (3.5-oz) jar capers (3 tablespoons), drained
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 lb)
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine 3 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, capers, sliced lemon, smashed garlic cloves, rosemary leaves, salt, and black pepper.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with additional salt and pepper and add to skillet, skin sides down. Add potatoes. Cook for 10 minutes, until chicken is browned and skin is crispy. Flip the chicken using kitchen tongs. Pour the lemon mixture over the chicken and potatoes.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Serve the chicken with potatoes and pan sauce.
Keywords: one skillet, lemon rosemary chicken, chicken thighs, whole30, paleo, gluten free