For the cake
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup ghee or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups peeled and finely chopped Gala apples (3–4 apples)
For the glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil or ghee to grease the bundt pan, making sure to cover the entire inside of the pan. Sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons of tapioca flour into the pan. Turn the bundt pan and tap the sides to cover the inside of the pan completely, using more tapioca flour as necessary.
- Bake walnuts on a baking sheet for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- In a large bowl, stir together almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, nutmeg, and allspice. Gently mix in eggs, applesauce, vanilla extract and coconut oil until dry ingredients are moist. Stir in apples and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Prepare the frosting: bring 1/4 cup coconut sugar, ghee, and coconut milk to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk constantly while boiling for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Gradually add the additional coconut sugar while whisking until smooth. The mixture will thicken slightly as it cools. Pour over cooled cake.
Keywords: Apple Walnut Bundt Cake, paleo apple walnut bundt cake, paleo bundt cake