- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Use a fork to pierce holes around the sweet potatoes and wrap them individually in aluminum foil.
- Slice the tips off the unwrapped (meaning, there’s still a layer of paper) garlic cloves and add to their own foil packet. Drizzle with olive oil. Add the wrapped sweet potatoes and garlic to a baking sheet. Roast for 35 minutes, then remove the garlic clove packet from the oven. Continue to bake for 25-30 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender and cooked through.
- Let the sweet potatoes cool slightly, then remove the aluminum foil. Run the sweet potatoes under super cold water for about 10 seconds. The skin should slough off easily! Remove the skin and discard.
- Add the sweet potatoes to a pot and mash with a potato masher.
- Unwrap the roasted garlic cloves. In a small bowl, add the ghee, roasted garlic cloves, and salt. Use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. (Alternatively, use a blender to blend this mixture).
- Add the ghee and garlic mixture to the mashed sweet potatoes. Use a hand mixer on medium speed to whip the sweet potatoes and ghee mixture together until relatively smooth. Sprinkle with parsley and serve!
Keywords: Roasted Garlic Butter Mashed Sweet Potatoes, garlic sweet potato mash, garlic mashed sweet potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes