Comforting and hearty, this easy Crockpot Cabbage Roll Soup is Whole30, keto, low carb, paleo, and gluten free!
This hearty, easy crockpot soup has all the flavor of classic cabbage rolls without the fuss of stuffing cabbage.
Plus, it’s super affordable and doesn’t require a bunch of fancy ingredients. Real food eating at its finest!
The unfussy way to make cabbage rolls
Cabbage rolls are certainly a classic. Last month, I posted a Whole30 recipe for traditional stuffed cabbage rolls and they easily climbed the ranks of my spouse’s favorite meals.
One problem, though: I don’t want to be rolling little cabbage rolls every single meal prep day. Every once in a while I’m down for that, but every single Sunday? No thanks.
Enter crockpot cabbage roll soup. You’ll notice the ingredient list is almost the exact same as the classic recipe — the prep is just different.
As a result, you’ve got the same flavors of a cabbage roll casserole, with a simple sweet-and-sour sauce, but served deconstructed in a bowl. Can’t beat that!
Ingredients for cabbage roll soup
As mentioned, the ingredient list for this soup is very similar to my classic low carb cabbage rolls.
You can make a couple adjustments if you’d like to, though.
First, the cauliflower rice can be adjusted to your tastes. If you want, leave it out entirely! Otherwise, you can always boost the amount of caulirice if you want more veggies.
I definitely like including the raisins, but it’s truly not easy to find Whole30-friendly raisins. Here’s a brand on Amazon, but they’re a little pricey. You can skip the raisins entirely if you’d like.
Best slow cooker for cabbage roll soup
Clearly, you need a slow cooker for this low carb cabbage roll soup. Any slow cooker will do!
More simple slow cooker recipes
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Gumbo (W30)
- Slow Cooker Pepper Steak (W30)
- Crockpot Pulled Pork (W30)
- Pulled Pork Tacos with Pineapple Radish Salsa
Did you try this recipe? I’d love to hear what you think! Comment below or tag me on Instagram.Print
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 28-ounce cans crushed tomatoes + juices
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup no sugar added raisins (optional)
- 2/3 cup riced cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 5-6 minutes, until softened and fragrant. Add the ground beef to the skillet and partially brown it, using a spatula to break the meat up into smaller chunks.
- Transfer the beef and onion to the crock of a slow cooker. Add the cabbage, crushed tomatoes, apple cider vinegar, raisins, cauliflower, tomato paste, garlic, parsley, sea salt, and black pepper. Stir to incorporate.
- Cook on LOW for at least 6 hours, or until the cabbage has softened. Stir again before serving. Leftovers will keep in the fridge for at least a week, or freeze for up to 3 months.
If you’d like the soup to be a little thicker/heartier, just use 1 can of crushed tomatoes and only 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
Keywords: slow cooker, crockpot, cabbage roll, soup, whole30, paleo, low carb