Slow cooker pulled pork works perfectly for busy weeknights or weekly meal prep! Just pop it in a slow cooker and let it cook to perfection. Serve with pickled onions, pickles, and coleslaw for a full meal!
- 4–5 pound pork shoulder or pork butt roast
- 2 tablespoons chipotle powder
- 1.5 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 cups apple juice
- In a small bowl, combine the chipotle powder, sea salt, paprika, mustard, cumin, garlic powder, and black pepper in a small bowl. Spread the spice rub over the pork shoulder evenly, coating every nook and cranny of the meat.
- Pour the apple juice into the slow cooker crock. Place the pork shoulder inside. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Using kitchen tongs or two forks, gently shred the pork into large chunks. Use tongs to toss the pork with the liquid in the bottom of the crock.
- Serve the pulled pork with simple coleslaw, pickles, and/or pickled onions. Store leftovers in a sealed container for up to a week in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Keywords: slow cooker, crockpot, chipotle pulled pork, paleo, whole30, low carb, keto