Simple and tender, these slow cooker pork chops with apples, onions, and sauerkraut make an easy weeknight meal! Spend a few minutes more to sear the pork chops and sauté the onions before adding them to the slow cooker for best results.
- 2 thick cut pork chops
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 16 ounces sauerkraut (I use Bubbies)
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
- OPTIONAL: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops, searing for 2-3 minutes on each side. Transfer to plate and reduce heat to medium. Add 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil to the skillet. Add the sliced yellow onions, sautéing for 3-5 minutes or until softened and slightly translucent.
- Add sauerkraut to the slow cooker. Combine garlic powder, oregano, black pepper, thyme, and celery seed in a small dish. Sprinkle pork chops with spice mixture. Add pork chops, apples, and onions to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 hours (adjust as necessary for the thickness of your pork chops).
Keywords: slow cooker pork chops