- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (about 2 medium oranges)
- 1 tablespoon Primal Kitchen mayonnaise or homemade
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 2 pounds large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (4-ounce) watermelon radish
- 8 ounces (two bunches) red radishes
- 4 green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- First, make the dressing. In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, orange juice, mayonnaise, grated ginger, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Whisk until smooth.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Toss the shrimp in 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for about 4 minutes, flipping shrimp halfway through, until the shrimp are pink and no longer translucent. Remove from heat.
- Trim the greens and ends from the radishes and wash thoroughly. Slice the red radishes very thinly (1/4 inch or less). Quarter the watermelon radish and slice thin. Slice the green onion diagonally in 1 inch sections.
- Add the watermelon radishes, red radishes, green onions, and half the basil to a large bowl. Add the shrimp. Pour the dressing overtop and toss to combine. Chill for at least 30 minutes. Garnish with remaining basil just before serving.
Keywords: Shrimp Radish Salad