The best way to start your day! Customize these tacos with a little bit of salsa, chopped tomato, or chopped radish. But DON’T skip the chimichurri!
For the Tacos:
- 6 cassava flour tortillas (see notes)
- 6 oz steak (I used flank steak)
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons chimichurri
For the Chimichurri:
- First, prep the chimichurri. Finely mince the cilantro, parsley, and garlic cloves. Add them to a bowl. Add the salt, red pepper flakes, and red wine vinegar. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking to emulsify. Set aside while you prep the rest.
- Next, make the steak. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Heat a cast iron skillet on the stovetop over high heat. Salt the steak liberally with sea salt on both sides. Sear the steak in the skillet for 1-2 minutes on each side, then immediately transfer to the oven to cook for an additional 1-2 minutes (depending on how done you’d like your steak and how thick the steak is). Remove from heat and let rest while you prep the eggs.
- Then, make the eggs. Either wipe out and reuse the skillet you made the steak in or set a new skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil. Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and whisk until light and frothy. Pour the eggs into the skillet. After a few seconds, use a spatula to scrape the egg from the outside of the skillet towards the center, allowing the uncooked egg to spill out and cook around the edges of the skillet. This makes fluffy scrambled eggs! Repeat until all the egg is cooked.
- Finally, let’s assemble some tacos! Thinly slice the steak and place a few pieces onto each tortilla. Add a bit of egg to each tortilla. Add about a tablespoon of chimichurri to each taco. You know what to do next!
I make my own “flour” tortillas using cassava flour. You can get that recipe in my free taco e-book! Otherwise, use store-bought grain free tortillas like Siete Foods tortillas.
Keywords: steak & egg breakfast tacos