- ¾ c lemon juice (3–4 lemons for me)
- 1–2 tsp lemon zest
- 6 Tb water (omit if not using gelatin)
- 2 Tb gelatin (omit for vegan, vegetarian, raw)
- 3/4 c coconut creme (I used a full container of coconut creme)
- 1 c strawberries, chopped
- 2–4 Tb honey/maple syrup/coconut sugar (depending on desired sweetness)
- Put dates and cashews to blender and blend until the mixture reaches a grainy/paste texture
- Add melted coconut oil and stir to incorporate
- Press crust mixture into 8×8 baking pan, doing your best to keep it evenly spread
- Refrigerate pan while preparing the filling
- IF using gelatin, add water to the lemon juice. VERY SLOWLY sprinkle gelatin into lemon/water mixture, stirring as you go. You’re trying to avoid the gelatin from clumping, so don’t just dump it in. Then, allow mixture to set for 4-5 minutes (omit this step if you opt to not use gelatin).
- Mix together all filling ingredients.
- Remove crust from fridge and pour filling over top. Return to the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Then they’re ready to eat! However, I think they’re best if left overnight.
If you have coconut milk on hand, you can use that instead. Just refrigerate the can overnight and use the cream that rises to the top!