Try out these two recipes for stuffed salmon – then put your own spin on it. The possibilities are endless!
Pistachio, Goat Cheese, & Maple Syrup Stuffed Salmon
- 2 salmon fillets (6 oz each)
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- olive oil
Spinach, Caper, & Kalamata Olive Stuffed Salmon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the filling. Shell and chop pistachios and crumble goat cheese OR chop spinach and olives. Combine filling ingredients in a small bowl, tossing lightly.
- Using a sharp knife, cut each salmon fillet 3/4 of the way through horizontally. Don’t cut all the way through the fillet; leave about an inch attached. If you didn’t complete this step with the fillets on the baking sheet, make sure to transfer them to the baking sheet you’ll be using. They’ll be difficult to move once they’re stuffed!
- Fold the top flap of salmon fillet back and layer filling onto the salmon fillet. Fold the top flap back over to cover the filling. Sprinkle the fillets with salt, to taste, and drizzle with a small amount of olive oil, to taste.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with extra filling, if desired, and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 stuffed fillet
Keywords: Gluten free stuffed salmon