These SunButter Bacon Burgers pack a ton of flavor in a lettuce-wrapped package! They’re paleo, low carb, nut free, Whole30, and keto-friendly.
- 1 pound ground beef, chilled
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed and minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut aminos or tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1/4 cup creamy SunButter
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Iceberg lettuce or romaine lettuce, for wrapping the burgers
- Add the ground beef, minced garlic, chopped parsley, mustard, coconut aminos, salt, and black pepper to a bowl. Mix with your hands just until ingredients are combined. Separate into 4 equal-sized balls and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Place a cast iron skillet on the grill and add the bacon. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, watching carefully so it doesn’t burn. Remove the skillet and transfer the bacon to a plate. Tear each strip of bacon in half.
- In a small bowl, mix the SunButter and chipotle powder until smooth.
- Remove the burger mix from the fridge. Flatten each ball to a thin, 1/2 inch thick puck. Brush olive oil on each side of the burger patties. Add to the grill and gril for 4-5 minutes on each side, flipping only once.
- Lay out lettuce leaves for the burger wraps. Add a patty, top with a tablespoon of SunButter sauce, and top with two halves of bacon. Wrap the lettuce around the burger and eat immediately.
If you don’t have a cast iron skillet, make the bacon on the stovetop. Heat 1-2 teaspoons olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook for 4-6 minutes on each side.
Keywords: SunButter Bacon Burgers