This creamy SunButter Pumpkin Butter makes a seasonal nut free treat! Also paleo, vegan, gluten free, dairy free.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Organic SunButter
- Combine pumpkin, water, maple syrup, lemon juice, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon in a saucepan or small pot. Bring the mixture to a boil, then immediately reduce heat to a simmer, ensuring that the mixture continues to softly bubble. Stir occasionally, cooking for 15-20 minutes until the mixture has thickened and deepened in color.
- Stir in the SunButter, simmering for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly before using. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 1 month.
For the pumpkin pie spice, combine 4 teaspoons cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ginger, 1 teaspoon cloves, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon allspice
Keywords: SunButter, paleo, dairy free, nut free