For the Brownie Batter
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato flesh
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter (homemade or store bought)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons grain free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
For the Swirl:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine sunflower seed butter, sweet potato flesh, maple syrup, and vanilla. Beat well. Mix in the eggs until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cocoa powder, coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined (don’t overmix). Finally, stir in the dark chocolate chips, if using.
- Pour the batter into the prepared 9X9 baking pan and use a spatula to spread evenly.
- Whisk the swirl ingredients until smooth. Drop by spoonfuls into the batter. Use a knife to gently swirl the topping throughout the top batter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan completely before cutting into squares.
Keywords: Sunbutter Sweet Potato Brownies