For the Salad
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 5 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted cashews
For the Dressing
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients until smooth. Add more water to thin if necessary. The dressing should be fairy thick, but pourable!
- Combine the basil, carrots, cabbage, red onion, cilantro, green onions, and red bell pepper in a large bowl. Pour the dressing into the bowl and toss until all the veggies are coated. Sprinkle on the toasted cashews and dig in!
This salad is best served immediately. You can prep the ingredients in advance and toss in the dressing just before serving. It will get a little soggy if kept in the fridge for longer than a day, but still tastes great.
For a well-rounded meal, add some leftover chicken breast or crispy cast iron chicken thighs!
Keywords: Thai cabbage salad with sunbutter dressing