You’ll need a vegetable spiralizer for these Thai Sweet Potato Noodle Bowls with Sunbutter Dressing. Use either No Sugar Added Sunbutter or Organic Sunbutter for the dressing, and add chicken for a protein kick!
For the Sweet Potato Noodle Bowls:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and spiralized
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced thin
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, sliced into ribbons
- 1/2 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 scallions. sliced
For the Thai Sunbutter Sauce:
- 1/2 cup No Sugar Added Sunbutter
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (omit for Whole30)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos or gluten free tamari
- 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar, more as desired
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, more as desired
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, plus more as desired
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sweet potato noodles and bell pepper strips, working in batches as necessary so the skillet doesn’t overflow. Cook for 5-7 minutes, tossing with pasta tongs frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in fresh basil. Split the veggies between 4 bowls and set aside.
- To prepare the sauce, add Sunbutter, honey, coconut aminos, fish sauce, ginger, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes to a bowl. Mix until smooth. If mixture is too thick for your liking, add coconut milk 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached. I like it pretty thick!
- Drizzle about 1/4 cup of sauce onto each bowl. Garnish with sunflower seeds, cilantro, and scallions.
Keywords: Thai Sweet Potato Noodle Bowls