You’ll fall in love with this savory breakfast! Whole30 Chorizo Shakshuka uses simple ingredients and cooks up quickly for a hearty morning feast.
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground chorizo (I like this brand, and it’s Whole30-friendly!)
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 6 eggs
- Fresh chopped parsley or cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the chorizo. Add the onion, garlic, and red bell pepper, cooking with the chorizo for about 3 minutes or until softened. Add the spices and stir to coat the veggies. Stir in the crushed tomatoes.
- Using a spatula, make “wells” within the chorizo tomato mixture for the eggs. Crack each egg into one of the wells. Cover and cook for about 6 minutes, or until eggs reach your desired level of doneness. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Keywords: chorizo shakshuka